Nystrom offers the following benefits and more!
- 14 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care benefits
- 401(k) Contribution
- Work Shirts & Pants, Safety Glasses, Ear Protection & Gloves Provided
- Work Boot Reimbursement Program
Position OverviewFounded in 1948 as an independent representative for commercial building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
What gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
As a Warehouse Material Handler, you are an integral part of our highly motivated and experienced Supply Chain team. You can unload and receive incoming materials and product for two facilities and move materials to the appropriate warehouse/facility location with accuracy, care and safety in mind. You can maintain inventory and the warehouse equipment, performs cycle counts, maintain required inventory control processes and complete light assembly and kitting. You enjoy working with the team to maximize productivity to reach company goals. If you value teamwork, hard work, dependable attendance and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured and passionate team, we’d love to meet you.
- Keep warehouse and incoming dock areas organized and clean
- Unload trucks
- Receiving of incoming and distribution throughout the organization
- Processing of paperwork and computer entries
- Stock bins as needed on the manufacturing lines
- Oversee equipment utilized in warehouse/receiving areas
- Adequately store product to protect and minimize damage
- Cycle counting
- Light assembly and kitting
- Interface with purchasing regarding inventory and supplier issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintains and acts in a manner to promote a safe work environment
- Able to perform moderate physical labor and repeatedly lift 50 lbs from floor to chest
- Strong computer and math skills
- Able to drive a forklift
- Must have a valid MN driver’s license
- Minimum of one year inventory control experience
- The ability to communicate and collaborate between departments to get answers and resolve issues
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- High School Diploma
Health & SafetyNystrom values the health & safety of our employees. We have engaged the following safety protection measures against COVID-19 for on-site employees:
- Entrance temperature checks
- Mask requirement
- Workplace social distancing
- Increased cleaning protocols
We look forward to speaking with you!
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure