Technical Product Specialist
Position OverviewFounded in 1948 as an independent representative for building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
So what gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example in our daily work, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
As a Technical Product Specialist, responsible for ensuring that products are sales-ready for internal teams, customers and end-users, you’re highly motivated to determine improvements the buying experience. You are an integral part of our highly motivated and experienced group, engaged in the downstream commercialization, marketing and sales enablement of product lines. You enjoy responding to incoming technical inquiries from sales and customers to educate and influence buying decisions. You welcome collaboration with sales and marketing to ensure plans are in place for new product introductions, defining customer personas and developing messaging, training and technical tools. Finally, you thrive working with a team to maximize productivity to reach department and company goals.
If you value attention to detail, customer-focused work and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured, passionate team, plus you’re interested in working with a stable and innovative company, we’d love to meet you.
- Develop understanding of products, technical and application capabilities
- Ensure sales readiness for new and existing products
- Respond to incoming technical inquiries from sales and customers to educate and influence buying decisions
- Develop messaging, training, and technical tools
- Produce and maintain technical documentation
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to ensure plans are in place for new product introductions and assist in defining go-to-market strategies
- Partner with sales to document the buying process, market segments and customer personas
- Document and maintain competitor profiles and market trends
- 2 years of experience in sales, engineering or marketing of technical, industrial or construction products
- Engineering, marketing or business degree
- Experience developing the tools and support necessary for a successful product launch; has successfully delivered items needed for sales to quote; tools needed for external launch; light technical writing
- Experience as an internal product expert by answering questions and providing information to salespeople and customers about product features, design, installation and/or building codes
- Experience communicating with sales and customers and developing positive working relationships
- Customer Focused – energized around delivering a hassle-free experience for the customer
- Time Management – ability to prioritize work and utilize time effectively
- Detail oriented – pays attention to detail
- Positive attitude – energized by working with a team and tackling new challenges
- A learner - interested in working on a variety of projects and learning new skills and information
Health & SafetyNystrom values the health & safety of our employees. We have engaged the following safety protection measures against COVID-19:
- Entrance temperature checks
- Mask requirement
- Workplace social distancing
- Increased personal and facility cleaning protocols
Nystrom offers the following benefits and more!
- Profit sharing
- 16 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care insurance
- 401(k), Matching and Contribution Retirement plan
- Life & Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Parental leave
- Employee Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure