Position OverviewNystrom is a commercial building products manufacturer. Founded in 1948 as an independent representative for building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 200 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
So what gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example in our daily work, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
As a Supply Chain Director reporting to the CEO, you’re excited to partner with the Manufacturing, Engineering, Sales and Product Planning teams to drive the management and direction of all supply chain functions including purchasing, warehousing, and shop floor material control. As the supply chain value stream supervisor, you are highly motivated to identify commodities, negotiate critical contracts and manage supplier performance.
If you value attention to detail, results-focused work and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured, passionate team, plus you’re interested in working with a stable and innovative company, we’d love to meet you.
- Identifies Class “A” commodities, negotiates critical contracts; manages supplier performance to ensure superior support of production plans
- Manages the purchasing of raw material, components, and outsourced products to support production plans and product delivery requirements
- Responsibility for directing both the flow of material and the personnel in the shipping, receiving and warehouse departments
- Works with internal value streams to assure consistent delivery of materials and adherence to schedules
- Develops and manages supply chain policies and systems to assure minimum cost, maximum quality, and on-time delivery of raw material, components, and outsourced products
- Manages shop-floor material control, shipping and receiving, inventory and warehouse – to assure timely and accurate receipt and disposition of material and components in support of product delivery requirements
- Supervises periodic review of finished goods inventory levels to support sales efforts, account for current market conditions and use good fiscal judgment
- Support Engineering department in new product development prototype purchasing support
- Supports marketing in sourcing and managing suppliers for new product opportunities
- Technical and personal development of all members of the supply chain value stream
- Supervises periodic cycle counting of inventory, and recommends disposition of obsolete inventory, as appropriate
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials Management, Operations or Business Administration, or equivalent experience.
- Ten or more years of Purchasing, Production Control, or Material Control experience in a metal fabricated products environment.
- Expert negotiating skills.
- Strong working knowledge of the metals market.
- Minimum of 5 years in Materials Management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent skills in managing vendor/supplier relationships. Experience in negotiating purchase contracts for Class “A” items and offshore subcontracting.
- • Thorough knowledge of ERP & MRP is required.
- • APICS certification is a plus, CPM is desirable.
Health & SafetyNystrom values the health & safety of our employees. We have increased cleaning protocols and engaged the following safety protection measures against COVID-19:
- Mask requirement for employees in common areas and all visitors.
- Workplace social distancing.
We look forward to speaking with you!
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure