Company OverviewNystrom is a commercial building products manufacturer. Founded in 1948 as an independent representative for building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
So what gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example in our daily work, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
Position OverviewAs an Associate, you play a key role in providing administrative and clerical support to the highly motivated Supply Chain team. You enjoy working in an ERP system processing order and communicating with a variety of vendors to ensure timely delivery and material tracking. You welcome accurately maintaining a database, participating in ordering, aiding in the accuracy of inventory, solving problems, updating material planning documents. Finally, you thrive working with a team to maximize productivity to reach company goals.
If you value communication skills, attention to detail, results-focused work and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured and passionate team and you’re interested in working with a stable and innovative company, we’d love to meet you.
- Maintain the supply chain database with accurate information to include purchasing and inventory data
- Participate in the ordering of non-inventoried operational supplies and other ordering as assigned
- Support the dropship purchasing function
- Update material planning spreadsheets
- Aid in the accuracy of inventory and problem solve issues
- Assist the purchasing, warehouse, inventory and receiving functions as needed
- Complete miscellaneous projects as assigned by Supply Chain Manager
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that requires multitasking and the flexibility to respond to constant changes and issues that arise
- Communicates clearly and positively with a variety of audiences verbally and through written communication
- Attention to detail to ensure requests are thoroughly reviewed and a complete solution is offered
- Works as a team player and can build positive relationships with many groups of people, including sales, product managers and external partners
- Reliability with attendance and task completion
- Detail oriented, high level of accuracy, problem solver
- Adherence to company & department policies
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- Works in harmony with Nystrom’s Core Values
- 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Macola: 2 years (Preferred)
- Supply Chain or Customer Support role: 2 years (Preferred)
- Intermediate Excel: 2 years (Preferred)
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
Health & SafetyNystrom values the health & safety of our employees. We have engaged the following safety protection measures against COVID-19:
- Entrance temperature checks
- Mask requirement
- Workplace social distancing
- Increased personal and facility cleaning protocols
Nystrom offers the dollowing benefits and more!
- Profit sharing
- 16 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care insurance
- 401(k), Matching and Contribution Retirement plan
- Life & Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement We look forward to speaking with you!
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure