Nystrom offers the following benefits and more!
- 14 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care benefits
- 401(k) Contribution
- Work Shirts & Pants, Safety Glasses, Ear Protection & Gloves Provided
- Work Boot Reimbursement Program
Founded in 1948 as an independent representative for commercial building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
What gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
The Senior Accountant position takes the lead on key monthly accounting tasks and communicates with the Controller to ensure that these tasks are completed accurately and by the specified deadline. This includes journal entries and account analysis, moderately complex financial reports and analysis, and monthly/quarterly account reconciliations.
- Support and participate in the monthly financial statement close process ensuring that respective financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely
- Prepare, review and analyze monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and immediately address issues
- Monitor ledger integrity for assigned accounts through queries and individual transaction review
- Prepare ad hoc and recurring reports in support of the leadership team and enterprise
- Provide guidance and feedback to other staff members to develop a team atmosphere
- Remain current with GAAP requirements to assist in implementing changes as required
- Focus on continuous improvement in the automation of the accounting and reporting process
- Assist in preparing schedules for the annual audit
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required; CPA/working towards preferred
- 2+ years previous accounting/audit experience in public or private accounting
- Strong reporting and data analysis capabilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Competent organizational and analytical skills
- Dynamics 365 or equivalent ERP is preferred
- Solid problem-solving skills