Position OverviewNystrom is a commercial building products manufacturer. Founded in 1948 as an independent representative for building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
So what gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example in our daily work, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
As the newly created Recruiter, you can find, source, attract and hire production talent while lowering employee turnover. You are an integral part of our highly motivated and experienced Human Resources team responsible for leading the employer branding strategy. You enjoy communicating and scheduling interviews with hiring managers. You welcome determining the effectiveness and success of current recruiting plans and sourcing strategies, recommending new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting and building talent networks to find qualified candidates. Finally, you thrive working with a team to maximize productivity to reach company goals.
If you value communication skills, attention to detail, results-focused work and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured and passionate team and you’re interested in working with a stable and innovative company, we’d love to meet you.
- Search resume databases for the most fit candidates
- Communicate and schedule interviews with Hiring Managers
- Determine the effectiveness and success of current recruiting plans and sourcing strategies
- Recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting
- Build talent networks to find qualified active and passive candidates
- Evaluate which sources bring best candidates
- Work with our team on Employer Branding strategy to attract high-quality applicants
- Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements
- Telephone Interview candidates following company's rules and legal regulations
- Adhere to personal data privacy regulations
- Prepare a report on a weekly basis for the tasks completed or in progress
- Partner with HR Generalist to complete the interview and hiring process
- Complete candidate reference checks
- 2 years of experience as Recruiter or similar HR role
- Ability and willingness to learn about the position requirements -Manufacturing experience desired
- Strong interviewing and selling skillset
- Passion about HR and Talent Acquisition methods
- Ability to scan large volumes of resumes
- Some understanding of basic marketing strategies
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Degree in Business Administration or relevant field
- Experience working with Indeed, Facebook, and other career sites
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Health & SafetyNystrom values the health & safety of our employees. We have engaged the following safety protection measures against COVID-19:
- Entrance temperature checks
- Mask requirement
- Workplace social distancing
- Increased personal and facility cleaning protocols
Nystrom offers the dollowing benefits and more!
- Profit sharing
- 16 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care insurance
- 401(k), Matching and Contribution Retirement plan
- Life & Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement We look forward to speaking with you!
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials