Position OverviewNystrom is a commercial building products manufacturer. Founded in 1948 as an independent representative for building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 200 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
So what gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example in our daily work, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, you partner with the Manufacturing, Sales and Product Planning teams to drive quality improvements. You are highly motivated to drive customer experience and operational improvements through quality planning, assurance, control, and improvement. Drive a Culture of Quality where quality is built-in to the planning process, enabling teams to do their work right the first time, where processes are followed in execution, where shortcomings and defects are captured as non-conformances, where problems are fed back into the organization for accountability and resolution, and where ideas and lessons learned are captured for future improvement. Help customers and internal teams resolve problems (NCR, RCA). Experienced culture change agent with a track record of delivery.
If you value attention to detail, results-focused work and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured, passionate team, plus you’re interested in working with a stable and innovative company, we’d love to meet you.
- Directs and coordinates the activities of the quality assurance functions in the organization.
- Directs and implements quality training and development programs to maintain the competence and technical skills required.
- Establishes and maintains quality assurance standard procedures, methods, and equipment to meet customer requirements.
- Administers a customer relations program in matters relating to quality.
- Manages field service personnel.
- Establishes and analyzes quality areas, including quality goals, quality problems, defective materials, claims and customer quality problems. Advises plant management and the manufacturing department of the results of such analysis.
- Works with material suppliers on quality issues and cost reductions.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships internally with the organization and externally with vendors, customers, and industry partners.
- Possess the ability to handle stress and to interact with others to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience in metal fabrication and/or construction.
- Minimum of 4 years’ job-related experience with some travel required.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: company policies, procedures, and products; quality assurance principles, practices, and procedures; generally accepted managerial practices and procedures; customer needs and expectations.
- Ability to negotiate with customers to promote or sell ideas or concepts.
- Experience leading and developing quality process using continuous improvement/Lean & six sigma tools and methodology.
- Experience resolving quality defects in products.
- Experience developing and implementing QMS / ISO programs.
Health & SafetyNystrom values the health & safety of our employees. We have increased cleaning protocols and engaged the following safety protection measures against COVID-19:
- Mask requirement for unvaccinated employees and visitors
- Workplace social distancing
- Profit sharing bonus
- 16 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Free Virtual Healthcare
- 401(k), Matching Retirement plan
- Life & Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Nystrom offers the following benefits and more!
We look forward to speaking with you!
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure