Supply Chain Associate
Company OverviewFounded in 1948 as an independent representative for commercial building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
What gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
Position OverviewAs a Production Scheduler, you are an integral part of our highly motivated and experienced production team. You will coordinate and schedule all assigned value stream jobs and help take our planning process to the next level. You enjoy working cross-functionally with our Sales, Supply Chain and Engineering teams to maximize productivity to reach company goals. If you value hard work, self-motivation and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured and passionate team, we’d love to meet you.
- Plans, prepares and issues production schedules
- Verify material availability and coordinate with Supply Chain to ensure timely receipt of material to meet production schedule
- Communicate and/or prepare reports to keep the Sales team aware of order status to facilitate accurate and timely responses to customer inquiries
- Determine and communicate manufacturing lead time
- Advise management of status of WIP, respond to expedite requests and report potential schedule interruptions
- Verify inventory accuracy, take appropriate steps to correct errors and implement corrective action to prevent further occurrence
- Ensure BOM accuracy
- Responsible for production orders including releasing through billing selection
- Assist in development and maintenance of PFEP to determine inventory levels, order points and usage requirements to achieve desired customer service levels
- Help establish and maintain warehousing inventory strategy (locations, movement, conversion, etc.)
- Participate as needed in any and/or all activities related to cycle counting or physical inventory
- 2 years prior planning/scheduling experience
- Basic experience of ERP system operation
- Prior experience with PEEP
- Strong aptitude & problem-solving skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Nystrom offers the dollowing benefits and more!
- Profit sharing
- 16 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care insurance
- 401(k), Matching and Contribution Retirement plan
- Life & Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Health & SafetyNystrom values the health & safety of our employees. We have engaged the following safety protection measures against COVID-19:
- Entrance temperature checks
- Mask requirement
- Workplace social distancing
- Increased cleaning protocols
We look forward to speaking with you!
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure