Product Planning Specialist
Position OverviewFounded in 1948 as an independent representative for building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
So what gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example in our daily work, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
As a Product Planning Specialist, responsible for ensuring that the customer voice and requirements are represented in product development, you’re highly motivated to determine product improvements for upstream product planning. You are an integral part of our highly motivated and experienced group, engaged in the growth and development of product portfolios. You enjoy evaluating product opportunities and writing business cases that maintain and prioritize development projects and timelines. You welcome learning the commercial construction industry, its product lines and operational processes. Finally, you thrive working with a team to maximize productivity to reach department and company goals.
If you value attention to detail, customer-focused work and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured, passionate team, plus you’re interested in working with a stable and innovative company, we’d love to meet you.
- Develop understanding of products, technical and application capabilities
- Evaluate feasibility of product opportunities and write business case for presentation to executive team
- Responsible for voice of customer and ensuring customer requirements are met in R&D projects
- Partner with sales to learn and identify end-user installer needs for products
- Work with R&D to maintain and prioritize development projects and timelines
- 2-4 years of technical product support, marketing or sales, product management or R&D experience
- Engineering, marketing or business degree
- Experience with compiling financials, technical requirements and market-needs into a product business case for executive presentation
- Experience working with cross-functional sales, engineering, production and marketing teams to understand product opportunities and define project and deliverables; demonstrates ability to build partnerships with sales; experience communicating with tradespeople and end-users to define and determine customer needs and opportunities
- Experience in engineered and/or manufactured building products
- Customer Focused – energized around delivering a hassle-free experience for the customer
- Time Management – ability to prioritize work and utilize time effectively
- Detail oriented – pays attention to detail
- Positive attitude – energized by working with a team and tackling new challenges
- A learner - interested in working on a variety of projects and learning new skills and information
Health & SafetyNystrom values the health & safety of our employees. We have engaged the following safety protection measures against COVID-19:
- Entrance temperature checks
- Mask requirement
- Workplace social distancing
- Increased personal and facility cleaning protocols
Nystrom offers the following benefits and more!
- Profit sharing
- 16 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care insurance
- 401(k), Matching and Contribution Retirement plan
- Life & Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Parental leave
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure