Founded in 1948 as an independent representative for commercial building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
What gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
We are looking for a driven marketing or business student who will assist the marketing communications and product marketing teams. Our intern will provide support in developing and implementing product communication and promotion efforts and provide administrative support. The internship will provide learning opportunities about how a marketing department operates and insights into the Nystrom business and cross-functional work with other departments.
- Generate backlinking reports with SEMrush & evaluate top webpages
- Identify distributor websites and assist in developing a plan to manage and optimize our branding on those sites
- Create engaging image & video social media content based on editorial calendar for two brands
- Assist in trade show execution
- Update internal content sharing drive (SRPI)
- Update pricing tables
- Import Salesforce leads from webinar audiences
- Manage internal Salesforce request cases
- Pull digital metric reports
- Special projects and administrative tasks
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Understanding of different marketing techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, especially proven experience in Excel
- Familiarity with marketing software and online applications like Salesforce, Hubspot, Canva, YouTube, Google Analytics
- Passion to learn about the marketing industry and its best practices
- High attention to detail, highly organized and outstanding multitasking abilities
- Current enrollment in a related BS or master's degree
What We Offer
- Experience and productive challenges in developing communication and promotion strategies
- Ability to show and develop your creative and analytical skills
- Develop an understanding of working with multiple departments
- Appr. 12 weeks between the months of May and August (flexible per college students)
- Up to 30 hours per week Monday through Thursday in office
We look forward to speaking with you!
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure