Company OverviewFounded in 1948 as an independent representative for commercial building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
What gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
Position OverviewAs a Human Resources Generalist, you are an integral part of our HR team working closely with Production Management. You enjoy recruitment and selection, benefits administration, training, employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, worker’s compensation, safety monitoring and employment law compliance. You’ll cross-train to fill any role in each value stream to ensure that the products are successfully developed. If you value attention to detail, relationship management and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured and passionate team, we’d love to meet you.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all nonexempt, hourly and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; develops recruitment solutions, branding and web presence; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-development program and employee relations counseling; conducts production exit interviews.
- Develops and administers various human resources and production related programs and procedures. A pivotal program will be “Making Nystrom a Great Place to Work,” and Well-Being@Nystrom for all company personnel.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys; analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits and 401K administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Establishes and maintains worker’s compensation and OSHA department records and reports.
- Participates in and helps to plan company events.
- Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned
- 5-10 years of Human Resources industry specific experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with SHRM credential preferred
- Requires strong communication skills with previous training experience
- Previous recruitment and web-based staffing solutions experience
- Able to prioritize tasks and projects, working with minimal supervision
- Strong computer/keyboarding skills required. ADP, Word, Excel, Visio, and Outlook experience preferred
- Display cultural sensitivity and professionalism when conducting business
Nystrom offers the following benefits and more!
- Profit sharing
- 16 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care insurance
- 401(k), Matching and Contribution Retirement plan
- Life & Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Health & SafetyNystrom values the health & safety of our employees. We have increased cleaning protocols and engaged the following safety protection measures against COVID-19:
We look forward to speaking with you!
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure