Field Service Technician
Position OverviewFounded in 1948 as an independent representative for commercial building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
What gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
As an Area Sales Manager responsible for driving business and communicating with architects, engineers and contractors, you’re highly motivated to call on leads, follow up on quotes and generate submittals. You are an integral part of our highly motivated and experienced sales group engaged in the growth and development of Nystrom product lines. You enjoy working with a robust sales pipeline and meeting quota goals. You welcome learning the commercial construction industry, product portfolios and operational processes. Finally, you thrive working with a team to maximize productivity to reach department and company goals.
As a Field Service Tech supporting all product lines (roof hatches, smoke vents, access panels, floor doors, entrance mats & grates, stair nosings), you are an integral part of our highly motivated and experienced Manufacturing & Engineering team. You will provide post-sale support to customers requiring product and warranty assistance with excellent service and safety in mind. You enjoy working with a team to maximize productivity to reach company goals and directly engaging with customers onsite. If you value attention to detail, customer-facing work and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured and passionate team, we’d love to meet you.
- Visit client sites for diagnosis and repairs of our specialty building products using required personal protective equipment and follows all safety requirements on jobsites
- Speak to customers via phone and email to coordinate visits as well as provide remote support for post-sale, warranty, technical operating, and installation questions
- Identifying the cause of the issue(s) to determine if it is a warranty claim
- Provide technical support to customers about the use and care of our products
- Acquiring knowledge about how Nystrom manufactured, and outsourced product lines are designed, manufactured, installed, operated, and warrantied
- Use Salesforce to track, process, and communicate information
- Provide feedback regarding issues experienced in the field to improve design and production of products
- Preparing reports on field service trips, detailing the issue(s), action(s) taken, resolution and design or production related recommendations
- Assist Engineering and Quality departments in the testing and development of new and modified products
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to deal with a wide range of people both inside and outside of the company
- Great mechanical troubleshooting skills (experience with construction industry is helpful, but any experience with mechanical repair is great)
- Attention to detail to ensure customer requests are thoroughly reviewed and a complete solution is offered
- Ability to lift and carry 75lbs safely
- Must be able to work in a variety of construction conditions that range from high open spaces to small, confined areas
- Basic understanding of AC/DC electrical systems
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and eligibility for a Passport
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Willingness to travel to customer sites and be on-call, ready to travel on short notice and for extended periods of time
- Travel will occur about 50-75% for this position and will regularly include multiple-day trips in the United States (International travel extremely rare)
- Phone and computer will be provided, and travel expenses are paid
Health & SafetyNystrom values the health & safety of our employees. We have increased cleaning protocols and engaged the following safety protection measures against COVID-19:
- Mask requirement for non-vaccinated employees and visitors
- Workplace social distancing
We look forward to speaking with you!
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure