Customer Service Representative
Position OverviewFounded in 1948 as an independent representative for commercial building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
What gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
Position OverviewAs a Customer Service Representative, you are an integral part of our fast-paced and experienced Customer Service & Sales Support team. You will provide efficient order-entry, administrative, clerical and service support to customers, sales staff and outside representatives in a professional manner. You enjoy working with people at all levels to maximize productivity to reach company goals. If you value hard work, self-motivation and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured and passionate team, we’d love to meet you.
- Efficient order-entry
- Service support to customers, sales team & third-party representatives in a professional manner
- Approachable demeanor
- Work well with people at all levels
- Multitask with excellent execution
- Engage in process improvement initiatives
- Strong verbal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications.
- Ecommerce Customer Service experience is desirable.
- Excellent typing/data entry skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to learn software systems, sales & support processes, and product lines.
- CRM and/or EDI experience is desirable.
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills, uncover problems and propose solutions.
- Organized and resourceful with ability to balance multiple responsibilities with shifting responsibilities.
- Associates Degree or Post-Secondary Education as well as previous customer or sales support experience preferred.
- Construction and/or Manufacturing Industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Flexibility to work Monday-Friday for 8 hours/day between the hours of 7am-6pm.
Nystrom offers the following benefits and more!
- Profit sharing
- 16 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care insurance
- 401(k), Matching and Contribution Retirement plan
- Life & Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Health & SafetyNystrom values the health & safety of our employees. We have engaged the following safety protection measures against COVID-19:
- Entrance temperature checks
- Mask requirement
- Workplace social distancing
- Increased personal and facility cleaning protocols
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure