Position OverviewNystrom is a commercial building products manufacturer. Founded in 1948 as an independent representative for building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
So what gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example in our daily work, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
As an The Controller is a critical part of our team and is responsible for management of accounting staff, managing daily cash flow, issuing accurate financial statements on a timely basis, preparation and management of the annual audit, maintaining internal controls, compliance with bank covenants, tax and government reporting and relationships with vendors. This position works closely with the CFO on financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting and delivering select information to other business leaders.
If you value attention to detail, results-focused work and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured, passionate team, plus you’re interested in working with a stable and innovative company, we’d love to meet you.
- Preparation of weekly sales forecast
- Supervision of accounting and accounts payable staff
- Drives efficiencies in the department to support scaling the business
- Issuance of the monthly financial statements in a timely manner
- Management of the timely completion of the annual audit
- Completion of month end work-papers including preparation of asset, liability and capital account reconciliations by compiling and analyzing account information and reconciling discrepancies
- Supervising staff in completion of month end work-paper
- Preparation of ad hoc reporting as needed
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls
- Answers accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
- Supervises the preparation of multi-state sales and use tax returns
- Prepares annual insurance renewal documentation for third parties
- Maintains annual multi-state business and license registrations
- Maintains customer exemption certificate program
- Manages multi-state sales and use tax audits
- Manages department specialized software and related processes including Avalara, Concur and One AP
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- CPA preferred
- BA or BS in accounting
- 3-5 years’ experience as controller or 5-7 years public accounting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Query and BI
- Dynamics 365 or equivalent ERP
- Full cycle accounting
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with confidential information
Nystrom Offers the Following Benefits and More!
- 14 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care insurance
- 401(k), Matching and Contribution Retirement plan
We look forward to speaking with you!
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure