Area Sales Manager
Position OverviewNystrom is a commercial building products manufacturer. Founded in 1948 as an independent representative for building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
So what gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example in our daily work, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
As an Area Sales Manager responsible for driving business and communicating with architects, engineers and contractors, you’re highly motivated to call on leads, follow up on quotes and generate submittals. You are an integral part of our highly motivated and experienced sales group engaged in the growth and development of Nystrom product lines. You enjoy working with a robust sales pipeline and meeting quota goals. You welcome learning the commercial construction industry, product portfolios and operational processes. Finally, you thrive working with a team to maximize productivity to reach department and company goals.
If you value attention to detail, results-focused work and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured, passionate team, plus you’re interested in working with a stable and innovative company, we’d love to meet you.
- Principle product responsibility will be the growth and development of all product line sales
- Work with Regional Territory Manager, Internal Relationship Team and external Territory Partner to develop robust sales pipeline to ensure growth of territory
- Gain an understanding of the commercial construction process
- Make phone and e-mail contacts to help the Nystrom team achieve its daily, weekly, monthly and annual quota goals
- Gain general product knowledge across all product lines
- Learn processes involving credit applications, price adjustments, change orders, quoting, order entry, return authorizations and submittals
- Learn internal software systems
- Coordinate your daily sales activities including: sales calls, order tracking, order status inquiries, etc.
- Manage general quoting and pricing issues related to products
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication sales skills in dealing with current and potential customers, architects, engineers, internal support staff and external Territory Partners
- Demonstrate specific industry and product knowledge and the ability to negotiate price, delivery, contracts and warranty terms
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of competition and pricing within own area
- Coordinate literature and information fulfillment requests
- Communicate cross functionally to ensure efficient delivery and communication
- Ability to understand and convey drawings and technical aspects of products to customers
- Previous outbound call experience preferred
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Previous experience in attaining company quotas/objectives
- Must be willing to work in a partial commission plus base scenario
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience
- A benefit to have specific industry and product knowledge, but not a prerequisite
- Ability to negotiate price, delivery, contracts and warranty terms
- Requires strong verbal and written communication sales skills
- Able to work flexible hours based upon needs to complete responsibilities effectively
- Work with minimal supervision
- Able to prioritize several tasks and projects
- Strong computer/keyboarding skills required. Word, Excel and Outlook experience preferred
Nystrom Offers the Following Benefits and More!
- 14 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care insurance
- 401(k), Matching and Contribution Retirement plan
We look forward to speaking with you!
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure