Accounts Payable | Nystrom
Founded in 1948 as an independent representative for commercial building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
So what gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example in our daily work, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
The Accounts Payable Specialist position will report to the Controller and is responsible for reviewing, reconciling, and paying Nystrom invoices in a timely fashion.
- Process day-to-day invoices, verifying and reconciling discrepancies while utilizing procurement software
- Perform three-way match for purchase orders, goods received and vendor invoices
- Confirm invoices are approved and coded to proper GL account
- Communicate with vendors and employees concerning payment inquiries and billing discrepancies
- Work alongside Purchasing personnel to resolve issues and needed
- Manage the AP inbox and electronic AP files utilizing SAP Concur invoice software
- Reconcile vendor statements and maintain records
- Cultivate and maintain a positive relationship with vendors and respond to inquiries in a timely and professional manner to assist in optimizing vendor performance
- Continuously improve accounts payable processes to enhance effiency and accuracy
- Collaborate with the finance team on monthly state use calculation
- Minimum 3+ years experience in Accounts Payable
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Able to self-manage and meet weekly deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- D365 Finance & Operations ERP & SAP Concur invoice experience is a plus
- Self-starter with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional attitude and reliability
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, Adobe PDF
- Knowledge of MN Use Tax Laws is a plus
Nystrom offers the following benefits and more!
- Starting 14 days PTO + 10 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care Insurance
- 401(k), Matching and Contribution Retirement Plan
- Quarterly Employee Profit Sharing
- NICE Healthcare - Free At-Home Visits