2nd Shift Production Supervisor
Position OverviewFounded in 1948 as an independent representative for commercial building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
So what gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example in our daily work, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
As the first level Production Supervisor, you provide daily direction and monitor team performance. You are an integral part of our hardworking, experienced production team, leading through training, organizing, staffing and coordination. You thrive on anticipating and resolving challenges to achieve production schedule goals, communicate daily with the team and monitor production output to maximize productivity. You encourage organized workstations and enforce safety practices. Finally, you enjoy working with a team to reach company goals.
If you value dependable attendance and results-focused work and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured and passionate team and you’re interested in working with a stable and innovative company, we’d love to meet you.
- Primary role of the position is to lead; through training, organizing, staffing, and coordinating. A secondary role is to help to produce product.
- Participate in the hiring process of the department
- Monitor employee performance and disciplines where necessary
- Completes reviews for subordinates with assistance from Plant Manager and Human Resources
- Initiate and participate in disciplinary issues
- Manage employees time and record daily payroll (PTO requests, attendance issues)
- Identify training needs, monitor and reinforce training
- Promote company culture
- Enforce safety rules
- Product and process knowledge
- Monitor throughput and maximize productivity
- Communicate daily with team members to share company information and daily production schedules
- Establish preventive maintenance program and troubleshoot machine issues
- Understanding of plant scheduling (capacity planning, T.O.C.)
- Monitor and enforce inventory control programs.
- Know company goals
- High School education or GED
- Associates degree or 5+ years experience in metal fabrication
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Possesses strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of and experience implementing Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Leads by example (Attendance, attitude, quality, performance)
- Has a positive attitude (consistent, honest, level-headed, professional)
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects
- Is non-discriminatory and can work with a diverse workforce
- Is proactive – Constantly improve processes
- Good listener – clear communicator
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, Outlook, Macola)
- Detail oriented
- Thinks at a company level. Not just focused on getting this job completed but how to set up the team for the week and what we need to do to get better each month.
- Results driven – focus on meeting cost, quality, safety, improvement and shipping goals
- Safety conscious
- Can admit mistakes openly
- Believes in the development of his/her team
- Believes the performance of his/her team reflects his/her personal success or failure
Health & SafetyNystrom values the health & safety of our employees. We have engaged the following safety protection measures against COVID-19:
- Entrance temperature checks
- Mask & glove requirement
- Workplace social distancing
- Increased personal and facility cleaning protocols
Nystrom offers the following benefits and more!
- Profit sharing
- 16 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care insurance
- 401(k), Matching and Contribution Retirement plan
- Life & Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure