Technical Support Specialist
Pre-Sale Administration. The primary job responsibility is providing timely and accurate cost-only and cost-and-capability estimates for outsourced products not supported by the Product Configurator. This includes:
- Acquiring knowledge about how manufactured and outsourced product lines are designed and manufactured, installed, and operation.
- Providing product quantity, pricing, drawings and other materials needed for sales quotes.
- Responding to product questions about technical features, testing, product and accessory options.
- Establishing positive working relationships with outsourced vendors to obtain information in a timely manner.
- Using Workflow procedures to process and communicate information.
- Ensuring all customer requrests are acknowledged within one working day and provide consistent communication on status and completion.
- Coordinateing samples with outside vendors
- Post-Sale Back-Up. Providing back up on post-sale support, including questions about products, installation, replacement parts, technical issues and operation.
- Product Development Support. As time allows, providing administrative support with pricing changes, loading documents into SRPI and product launch deliverables.
Required Skills + Experience
- Three to five years experience in commercial construction, which could include manufacturing, labor and installation, estimating, service and/or sales with a construction company or distributor.
- Experience with our products - access panels, roofing products, floor doors, stair nosings, entrance flooring systems - a plus but not required
- Customer service experience, specifically a track record of solving problems and identifying solutions in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with customers, specifically communicating with a variety of customers in different positions, resolving problems, and developing positive relationships on behalf of the company.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs safely
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel; Adobe Acrobat.
- Embrace Nystrom's core values and purpose
- Problem solver
- Sense of urgency; thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Communicates clearly and positively with a variety of audiences verbally and through written communication.
- Attention to detail to ensure customer requests are thoroughly reviewed and a complete solution is offered
- Works as a team player and can build positive relationships with many groups of people, including sales, product managers and exterior product vendors.
- Reliability with attendance and task completion
- Detail oriented
- Adherence to policy
- Strong judgement and decision-making skills
- Works in harmony with Nystrom's Core Values
Our core purpose is to make Nystrom a great place to work. We achieve this everyday by living by our core values:
Profitable Growth | Lead by Example | Customer First | Raise the Bar | Balance