At Nystrom, delivering customer value through our products to grow market share, revenue and profitability is our passion. We’re looking for a Product Manager for two leading product lines that are respected by architects, building products distributors and construction contractors. A confident, resourceful self-starter who understands how to map the customer experience and turn that learning into new ideas, go to market plans and product ideas will thrive in our employee-first culture. A positive leader with a gift of analytics, our new team member loves to pivot between big picture thinking and breaking down the details to ensure successful execution with cross-functional teams. You’ll create and lead execution of product objectives that align with sales strategies and the needs of the market.
This position is for the Expansion Joint and Access Panel lines. Product managers create and execute an informed strategy for a set of products to deliver customer value, grow market share and realize sales and profit goals. You’re the hub of information about the market, competitors, customers, industry trends and analyze and leverage that information to create long-term product roadmaps as well as short-term product requirements or launch plans. You’re knowledgeable about the technical merits of your products and passionate about the market and the customers who specify, buy, and install our products.
- Gain a deep understanding of the customers’ experience.
- Identify product gaps and generate new ideas and product plans with revenue potential.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and work with R&D to deliver.
- Develop and lead the plan to launch new or improved products, working with marketing communications, engineering, operations, and sales.
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback.
- Be current on competitive products and activity.
- Understand outsourced products and vendors to identify new SKUs, and work with supply chain to rationalize SKUs and inventory.
- Work with pricing specialist, sales, and CFO on product pricing.
- Provide training and materials for sales, internal teams, territory partners, architects, and end users.
- Plan and lead Quarterly Product Review meetings.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Ability to scope and prioritize activities based on business and customer impact.
- Conduct primary and secondary research.
- Leadership qualities and communication skills to work with enterprise-wide teams.
- Customer focused and energized around delivering a hassle-free experience.
- Reliable and completes tasks in a timely manner; follows up with strong communication.
- 3-5 years product management experience. Experience with technical products, manufacturing and/or construction preferred.
- B.S. degree preferably in Business, Marketing or Engineering
- Can apply marketing, business, and product planning disciplines to evaluate opportunities.
- Practices Nystrom core values and purpose.
Our core purpose is to make Nystrom a great place to work. We achieve this everyday by living by our core values:
Profitable Growth | Lead by Example | Customer First | Raise the Bar | Balance