Technical Product Manager for Engineered Products
Position OverviewNystrom was founded in 1948 as an independent representative for commercial building product manufacturers, Nystrom quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
What gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
We are looking for an experienced product manager with technical building materials experience. A successful candidate must have a history of managing multiple product lines that are technical. This role will develop strategies and programs that support the successful launch and sale of products to contractors and gain specifications with engineers and architects. Key responsibilities include:
- Develop deep technical knowledge of product line, design, application, and codes to articulate information and benefits to sales team and customers.
- Develop and managing a product line to meet customer needs
- Develop marketing plans to grow share and profitable sales
If you value strategic planning and results-focused work and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured and passionate cross-functional team and you’re interested in working with a stable and innovative company, we’d love to meet you.
- Develops a product plan/road map by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging revisions
- Assesses market competition by comparing company product to competitor products
- Gathers product market data by calling on customers with field sales teams
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing customer needs and inventory levels for outsourced products
- Effectively brings new products and service to market with complete concept-to-launch project management, including outlining proposed product requirements, preparing return-on-investment estimate, establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing
- Markets new products by developing plans with sales, marketing communications and production
- Provide training and training materials to educate and train sales teams, estimating, internal teams, territory partners, architects and end users about new and existing products
- B.S. degree preferably in Engineering and/or experience with technical products
- 3 years proven experience in product management
- Ability to ensure customer needs and business targets are met
- Adept in technical building materials
- Experience managing multiple technical product lines and/or brands, preferably in both direct-to-customer and distributor channel sales
- Ability to apply the strategic planning disciplines of marketing, business and product planning to the evaluation of opportunities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to effectively articulate ideas through presentations
- Database marketing experience is preferred (CRM)
- Ability to serve as a liaison with other functional areas and vendors
- Must be able to deal with a rapidly changing internal and external environment
Health & SafetyNystrom values the health & safety of our employees. We have engaged the following safety protection measures against COVID-19:
- Entrance temperature checks
- Mask requirement
- Workplace social distancing
- Increased personal and facility cleaning protocols
Nystrom offers the dollowing benefits and more!
- Profit sharing
- 16 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care insurance
- 401(k), Matching and Contribution Retirement plan
- Life & Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement We look forward to speaking with you!
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure