Inside Sales Representative
Position OverviewNystrom is a commercial building products manufacturer. Founded in 1948 as an independent representative for building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
So what gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example in our daily work, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
As an Inside Sales Representative responsible for working directly with Regional Territory Managers to achieve sales goals, you’re highly motivated generate and follow up on quotes and submittals. You are an integral part of our highly motivated and experienced sales group engaged in the growth and development of Nystrom product lines. You enjoy working with a robust sales pipeline and meeting quota goals. You welcome learning the commercial construction industry, product portfolios and operational processes. Finally, you thrive working with a team to maximize productivity to reach department and company goals as well as directly communicating with contractors, architects, engineers, and independent territory partners.
If you value attention to detail, results-focused work and want to be part of a loyal, well-tenured, passionate team, plus you’re interested in working with a stable and innovative company, we’d love to meet you.
- Act as first point of contact for incoming calls, e-mails, and messages
- Creating accurate quotes
- Gain an understanding of the commercial construction process
- Make phone and e-mail contacts to help the Nystrom team achieve its daily, weekly, monthly and annual quota goals
- Gain general product knowledge across all product lines
- Learn processes involving credit applications, price adjustments, change orders, quoting, order entry, return authorizations and submittals
- Learn internal software systems
- Coordinate your daily sales activities including: sales calls, order tracking, order status inquiries, etc.
- Manage general quoting and pricing issues related to products
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication sales skills in dealing with current and potential customers, architects, engineers, internal support staff and external Territory Partners.
- Demonstrate specific industry and product knowledge and the ability to price, set-up delivery, and handle the quote to order process
- Demonstrate knowledge of competition and pricing within the territory
- Coordinate literature and information fulfillment requests
- Communicate cross functionally to ensure efficient delivery
- Ability to understand and convey drawings and technical aspects of products to customers
- Worked in an environment providing timely and accurate quotes and submittals
- Previous outbound call experience preferred
- 3+ years of customer and sales support experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Self-directed and detail oriented
- Highly motivated/Strong sense of urgency
- Excellent organizational skills
- Customer focused and service-oriented
- Flexible and open to a fast- paced environment
- Construction and/or Manufacturing experience preferred but not required
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Organized and resourceful with the ability to balance multiple responsibilities
- Strong computer/keyboarding skills required. Word, Excel and Outlook experience preferred
Health & SafetyNystrom values the health & safety of our employees. We have engaged the following safety protection measures against COVID-19:
- Entrance temperature checks
- Mask & glove requirement
- Workplace social distancing
- Increased personal and facility cleaning protocols
Nystrom offers the following benefits and more!
- Bonus and Profit sharing
- 16 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care insurance
- 401(k), Matching and Contribution Retirement plan
- Life & Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
We look forward to speaking with you!
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure