Position OverviewFounded in 1948 as an independent representative for commercial building product manufacturers, the company quickly shifted to its own manufacturing operations and grew its business through product diversification and acquisitions, including the 100+ year old Babcock-Davis brand. Led by CEO Sue W. Thomas, today Nystrom has 180 manufacturing and business support employees with an extensive national partner network throughout North America.
So what gets us powered up each day? For starters, we live true to our five core values – ensure profitable growth, lead by example in our daily work, put both the external and internal customer first, raise the bar in our work and create a work/life balance. We think big – because we’re all about creating the ultimate hassle-free service for our customers. No matter who you are or what you do with us, you’ll find endless ways to be part of the Nystrom family and serve our community.
This position is responsible for working directly with Regional Territory Managers to achieve sales goals. Duties will include creating quotes, submittals, and follow up on quotes. Other responsibilities include communication within the territory to contractors, architects, engineers, and independent Territory Partners with direction from the Regional Territory Manager.
- Act as first point of contact for incoming calls, e-mails, and messages
- Creating accurate quotes
- Gain an understanding of the commercial construction process
- Make phone and e-mail contacts to help the Nystrom team achieve its daily, weekly, monthly and annual quota goals
- Gain general product knowledge across all product lines
- Learn processes involving credit applications, price adjustments, change orders, quoting, order entry, return authorizations and submittals
- Learn internal software systems
- Coordinate your daily sales activities including: sales calls, order tracking, order status inquiries, etc.
- Manage general quoting and pricing issues related to products
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication sales skills in dealing with current and potential customers, architects, engineers, internal support staff and external Territory Partners.
- Demonstrate specific industry and product knowledge and the ability to price, set-up delivery, and handle the quote to order process
- Demonstrate knowledge of competition and pricing within the territory
- Coordinate literature and information fulfillment requests
- Communicate cross functionally to ensure efficient delivery
- Ability to understand and convey drawings and technical aspects of products to customers
- Worked in an environment providing timely and accurate quotes and submittals
- Previous outbound call experience preferred
- 3+ years of customer and sales support experience
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
Nystrom offers the following benefits and more!
- 14 days PTO + 9 paid holidays
- Medical/Dental/Eye Care insurance
- 401(k), Matching and Contribution Retirement plan
We look forward to speaking with you!
Apply Now Our Values & Benefits Employee Testimonials Employment Brochure