The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related programs and duties on a professional level and will work closely with production management. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruitment and selection, benefits administration, training, employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, worker's compensation, safety and employment law compliance.
- Conduscts recruitment effort for all nonexempt, hourly and temporary workers; writes and places advertisements; develops recruitment solutions, branding and web presence; works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates; conducts reference checking; extends job offers; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career-development program and employee relations counseling; conducts production exit interviews.
- Develops and administers various human resources and production related programs and procedures. A pivotal program will be "Making Nystrom a Great Place to Work," and well-being@nystrom for all company personnel.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys; analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits and 401K administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, annual re-evaluation of policies for cost effectiveness.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 annually; maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
- Establishes and maintains worker's compensation and OSHA department records and reports. Participates in and helps to plan company events. Maintains organizational charts and employee directory.
- Evaluates reports, decisions and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Five to ten years of Human Resources industry specific experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience with SHRM credential preferred
- Requires strong communication skills with previous training experience
- previous recruitment and web-based staffing solutions experience
- Able to prioritize tasks and projects, working with minimal supervision
- Strong computer/keyboarking skills required: ADP, Word, Excel and Outlook experience preferred
- Display cultural sensitivity and professionalism when conducting business
Our core purpose is to make Nystrom a great place to work. We achieve this everyday by living by our core values:
Profitable Growth | Lead by Example | Customer First | Raise the Bar | Balance